HealthPricer make significant feature improvements to enhance search and comparison shopping experience for health products online.
Vancouver, B.C. (PRWEB) April 3, 2008 – HealthPricer.com a leader in online product search and comparison shopping for healthcare products, today announces several feature improvements to greatly enhance the search experience on https://healthpricer.com and its partner MarketPlaces.
The new features include:
- A new tagging system that allows consumers to search for products using general search terms, such as “high cholesterol”, and then to narrow their search using a wide array of parameters, including product type, body care, health conditions, health concerns, gender/demographics, etc. This fully automated IP is already generating approximately 800,000 tags, or keywords, linking to hundreds of thousands of products.
- Instantaneous page refreshments as visitors change price parameters, such as product prices to include handling fees, shipping fees and mail-in rebates, or to show only best prices.
- Redesigned search results filters – aligned at top with columns.
- New ascending and descending column sort functionality.
- New unit price and total price sliders.
- Redesigned best price, best value and brand/generic seals.
- New geographic product filters so consumers can choose to see products available through US, Canadian or all merchants.
- Expanded product details pages.
“Consumers now have more options to search for health products, beyond finding the best price for a specific product,” comments Gerd Zobel, Senior VP, Product Strategy and Customer Experience, HealthPricer Interactive. “We can now enable three main types of search: 1) consumers looking for the best price for a specific product from our network of merchants; 2) consumers browsing for health products using general search terms, and 3) consumers with specific requirements for the products they are searching for, such as products catering to a specific health concern or condition.”
“This set of enhancements to our Product Search is a big step forward and made possible by the endless efforts of our team continually building complex technology rules and conventions on the back-end that help consumers find detailed product information easily and fairly,” comments Michael I. Brown, President and CEO, HealthPricer Interactive. “Unlike most product search and comparison shopping sites, HealthPricer is 100% technology driven and it is our industry leading product search taxonomy that is attracting so much attention to HealthPricer today, both by partners and industry leaders. HealthPricer’s goal is for MarketPlace to be the embedded health product search across the Internet.”
HealthPricer.com is a leader in vertical product search for consumer health and beauty products. Led by a team of e-commerce veterans, the company has created the search industry’s first normalized health Consumer Packaged Goods database. This database forms the underlying foundation for its award winning vertical product search and comparison shopping site: https://healthpricer.com and partner Marketplaces’, including Healthline MarketPlace, QualityHealth MarketPlace and HealthCentral MarketPlace.
Working with trusted online health merchants, HealthPricer uses proprietary technologies to force merchant product information to conform to industry standard categorization and naming conventions. The HealthPricer search engine ensures hundreds of thousands of merchant offerings reflect the exact product names – connecting product browsing to buying in a more meaningful way.
Subsequently, the HealthPricer comparison shopping site is the most convenient way for consumers to search for and perform side-by-side comparisons of health and beauty products based on price, brand and other health-related attributes. HealthPricer counts recent accolades from top health and online marketing associations to its credit, including 2007 Outstanding Web Site Award, W3 Award, WWW Health Award 2007, Platinum eHealthcare Leadership Award and the AltSearchEngines Top 100.
This optimized consumer shopping experience has reciprocal benefits to advertisers. The HealthPricer database monitors and collects information on the browsing and purchasing behavior of millions of consumers using the HealthPricer search engine. This business intelligence provides insight and more effective ways for manufacturers, merchants and health services to tie advertising to relevant search.